Published on Everything under the sun, October 19, 2007.
Here are 10 compelling Indian novels in english you can’t afford to ignore: … (meanwhile, have you read some of them?):
7. Cuckold, by Kiran Nagakar: The book takes on a very different area: 16th century Mewar, at the height of its power. As the prince, who tells the story remarks, their history, as told by bards and minstrels is all about battles and valor … //
External Links about Kiran Nagarkar:
- on en.wikipedia: Kiran Nagarkar (born 1942) is an Indian novelist, playwright, film and drama critic and screenwriter both in Marathi and English, and is one of the most significant writers of postcolonial India. Amongst his most known works are Saat Sakkam Trechalis (Seven Sixes Are Forty Three) (1974, Ravan and Eddie (1994), and the epic novel, Cuckold (book) (1997) for which he was awarded the 2001 Sahitya Akademi Award in English by the Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of Letters. … (full long text on wikipedia).
- Kiran Nagarkar’s Website (not the official website of Kiran Nagarkar);
- Kiran Nagarkar on Another Subcontinent (south asian society and culture);
- Kiran Nagarkar on Amazon.com;
- Kiran Nagarkar Interview on Jaberwock, April 7, 2006;
- Hindu Interview by Kalpana Sharma, not dated;
- on Rediff Interview, February 26, 2001;
- Kiran Nagarkar Interview on Another Subcontinent, not dated;
- Kiran Nagarkar: Gottes kleiner Krieger, Juri Steiner im Gespräch mit dem indischen Schriftsteller, published on SF.TV /Sternstunde Philosophie, 23 Oktobere 2011;