Linked on our blogs with Institute for Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding ICP. – Received by e-mail, From: Fakhrinur Huseynli, Date: February 10, 2011.
Dear colleagues and friends, The Institute for Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding (ICP) will be organising a training “Transition from Conflict to Peace & Nonviolence (TCPN)” in Azerbaijan from 1 – 14 June, 2011. (Applications should be sent no later than: 5 April, 2011).
MAIN GOAL: The main objective of the TCPN training in Azerbaijan is to develop peace-related practices and skills of participants and to train them on how to intervene constructively in the transition process from violence to peace and nonviolence.
Other objectives of the training are:
- To bring together civilians and NGOs from different countries and conflict regions to contribute to the facilitation of local/international peace-building efforts.
- To create an atmosphere of solidarity as well as to establish a world-wide network of peace workers for strengthening peace movements across the world;
- To improve research, analysis and critical practices of participants on peace and non-violence issues.
TRAINING DESCRIPTION & PARTICIPANTS:
- The 14-days training course includes different workshops, presentations, interactive group work as well as case studies on conflicts in the Caucasus, especially the Azerbaijan-Armenia conflicts. Visits to relevant institution and historic places form also part of the training programme.
- The training is open to interested people who would like to get specialized in the field of peace and non-violence studies and that are working for IOs, INGOs, GOs and local NGOs, or as independent experts, researchers, mediators, diplomats, political scientists, historians, university professors, heads of political parties, students, or journalists. There are no age and/or country limits.
For further information related to the project, please visit our web page.
If you interested to participate in this academic training course taught by international experts, to meet up with peace workers from all over the world and to spend interesting time in Azerbaijan, you are kindly requested to complete the application form and to send it together with additional documents to the address mentioned below or via email. Applications should be sent no later than: 5 April, 2011.
- Participation fee: 2200 US$ (hotel and meals included),
- For students or participants from Caucasus countries: 200-500US$ (without hotel. Hotel and meals extra: 1200-1600 US$).
Please note that only selected candidates will be notified.
At the same time, we would like to invite INGOs, Foundations and Donors to support the TCPN project. If you are interested in providing support to this project, please complete the form ‘ICP TCPN Donation Form for Sponsorship’ and send it to us no later than: 10 April, 2011.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications or sponsorship offers and hope to see you this summer in Azerbaijan.
P.S.Thanks for sharing this information with your colleagues, partners and networks. You can also join us on Facebook:
Kind regards, Fakhrinur Huseynli, Project Manager Azerbaijan, Institute for Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding, ICP, Address:Neuengasse 8, 3011 Bern, Switzerland, Work tel., +41 33 533 31 12, Cell (Azerbaijan), +994 50 689 14 22, Cell (Switzerland), +41 76 494 64 36, E-mail, website.
======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======
Send mail intended for the list by e-mail;
Archives of the list and the Posting Policy can be found on this site;
You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this item, but please retain the original and listserv source.