Linked with Kai Brand-Jacobsen – Romania & Canada & Norway, with Johan Galtung – Norway, with The Power of Non-Violence, with Violence, War, and Their Impact, with The Transnational Foundation, and with Transcent.
1) Peacebuilding, Conflict Transformation and Post-War Rebuilding, Reconciliation and Resolution (PCTR). The PCTR is the only five-days intensive training programme of its kind, exploring all three phases of violence and war – pre-violence, violence, post-violence – and what can be done: to transform unresolved conflicts, for war to peace transitions, to empower communities, organisations, and individuals for conflict transformation and peacebuilding, to design and implement effective cease-fire and peace processes, and to develop effective policy responses and programmes for conflict transformation and post-war reconstruction, rehabilitation, reconciliation, and healing.
In Cluj-Napoca, Romania, from Apr-30-2007 to May-04-2007.
DEADLINE to apply: March 25th for applicants who need visa for Romania; April 2nd, 2007 for applicants who do not need a visa. (See all the rest on Transcent).
2) Designing Peacebuilding Interventions and Conflict Transformation Programmes (DPI). DPI is a five-days international training programme for practitioners, policy makers, international and national agency staff and NGOs working in peacebuilding, conflict transformation, violence prevention and post-war recovery, and violence and war affected communities.
In Cluj – Napoca, Romania, May-07-2007 – May-11-2007.
DEADLINE to apply: April 2nd, 2007 for applicants who need visa for Romania April 9th, 2007 for applicants who do not need a visa. (See all the rest on Transcent).
3) TRANSCEND Peace University (TPU).
Spring semester: March 19 – June 19, 2007.
1. Peaceful Conflict Transformation;
2. Transformarea paşnică a conflictelor: Metoda TRANSCEND, (taxa 100 Euro si 3 burse partiale disponibile);
3. Transformacion Pacifica de Conflictos;
4. Conflict Care and Reconciliation;
5. Dialogue, Negotiation and Mediation;
6. Gender and Militarism;
7. The Human Right to Food;
8. Mathematics and Peace ;
9. Negocios Sustentables Efectivos;
10. Peace, Gender and Violence;
11. Peace Zones.
Application process for Spring semester is now open. Deadline for applications: March 10th, 2007. (See all the rest on Transcent).