The Civil Society wants since ever the realisation of this optional protocol to the international covenant on economic, social and cultural rights, op-icescr.
Where are we landed ?
It is simple, the changement of the Human Rights Commission into the Human Rights Council during 2006 gave all those countries NOT WANTING the realisation of this protocol the possibility to bury it silently. And this without any attention of the medias. The whole op-icescr risks to disappear. Maybe, our Sleeping Beauty will be kissed one day to wake up again, but the prince, any strong defender of these rights, has not to sleep himself.
Some UN docs with op-icescr-contents:
a) op-icescr texts of general issue;
- E/CN.4/2003/NGO/29, (statement of International Commission of Jurists)
- E/CN.4/2004/NGO/205, (statement by the European Law Students’ Association ELSA)
b) Some particular issues of op-icescr:
To see more, put the words ‘optional protocol‘ into the UN search-tool and select document database.
Former presentations on our blogs:
- Menschenrechte auch in der Wirtschaft,
- WAFA SULTAN – again on Al-Jazeera,
- Background Doc on op-icescr,
- The Muslim opinion is manipulated,
- again op-icescr,
- again Alternative Economy,
- Women’s Economic, Social and Cultural Rights,
- The legual Framework to the op-icescr,
- Amnesty International and the op-icescr,
- Transnational Corporations (TNC) and Violations of Human Rights,
- More on op-icescr,
- op-icescr – situation on April 2006,
- op-icescr and Economy & Society.