Published on Michel Pépé.com, by Michel Pépé, not dated because probably eternal.
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS SOUND …
… THE BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF RELAXATION MUSIC:
This music has the distinctive feature of bringing a real feeling of Well-being to our body and mind. The peculiarity of this music called new age music, as well as of some classical and sacred musics, is without doubt this tendency to use no rythmic, no harmonic tension, but on the contrary to give greater importance to peaceful, serene and harmonious atmospheres, thus reflecting a new lifestyle and a new consciousness.
The agressive and low drums, the distorted guitar solos are not used in it. On the contrary, one will find either acoustic instruments such piano, harp, flute and symphonic violins or traditional instruments such as the Tibetan bowl and the sitar. But the leading instrument here is the synthetizer, offering a wide range of sounds and magical and crystal-clear tones which take us far away in wonderful journeys into the inner self.
Scientists have taken a close interest in the study of this music and they have shown the effects of the sound vibration it generates. What are these effects then?
1) Physically and psychologically speaking: … (full text).
Logos & Michel Pépé:
Trouvé sur logos musique.com: Michel Pépé et son ami Logos (Stephen Sicard), collaborent ensemble depuis de nombreuses années en donnant des concerts dans toute la France, ainsi qu’à l’étranger …
- Bio de Michel Pépé; Michel Pépé’s Discography, Music excerpts on his website, on Music Store.com;
- Stephen Sicard’s /Logos’ Bio; Stephen Sicard’s Discographies;
- Leur site internet commun: Art et nature.org;
- Google Video-results for Logos & Michel Pépé;
- leur discographie avec Michel Dogna;
- leur discographie avec Frederique Cabezas;
… and the (healing) disc: New World of Enchantment (1996, forgotten, so new again).