Received by mail:
From: IIE Scholar Rescue Fund
IIE Scholar Rescue Fund Fellowship Announcement: Applications Due October 12th 2009
Dear Friends of the Scholar Rescue Fund, We are pleased to announce the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (SRF) fellowships for threatened academics whose lives and work are in danger in their home countries.
Who can apply:
Professors, researchers and lecturers from any country or field may apply. We invite you to refer eligible candidates, and ask for your help in forwarding the announcement to any academic colleagues who may be interested:
- Professors, established researchers and other senior academics from any country, field or discipline may qualify.
- Qualifying applicants are currently facing or have recently fled from direct and immediate threats.
- Preference is given to scholars with a Ph.D. or other highest degree in their field who have extensive teaching or research experience at a university, college or other institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must demonstrate superior academic accomplishment or promise.
- Applications from female scholars and under-represented groups are strongly encouraged.
Students or professionals seeking funding to pursue academic studies or training are not eligible.
- Please download the information and application materials from Scholar Rescue Fund;
- For universities and colleges interested in hosting an SRF;
- Contact SRF by e-mail for questions.
- Applications are accepted at any time. For a decision by late November please apply by October 12th.
- Visit the SRF website for more details.
How The Scholar Rescue Fund Works:
- Fellowships are awarded for visiting academic positions ranging from 3 months to 1 calendar year. Awards are issued for up to US $25,000, plus individual health coverage.
- Fellowships are disbursed through host academic institutions for direct support of scholar-grantees. In most cases, host campuses are asked to match the SRF fellowship award by providing partial salary/stipend support and/or housing, material support for researching/publications, and other in-kind assistance.
SRF Iraq Project:
- In 2007 SRF launched the Iraq Project in response to the crisis of higher education throughout the country. If you are an Iraqi scholar seeking assistance or a university interested in hosting an SRF Iraqi scholar please contact SFR Iraq or visit the website.
======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======