Budapest, 15 – 17 October 2009
Received by e-mail:
From: Zsuzsanna Molnar
Dear friends, This is a call for participation for the Forum on Human Rights Education. The forum will be held at the European Youth Centrre Budapest from 15 to 17 October 2009. It aims to promote, consolidate and develop human rights education with and by young people within the Council of Europe’s mission and framework and to associate young people with the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the Council of Europe.
The forum aims to promote, consolidate and develop human rights education with and by young people within the Council of Europe’s mission and framework, and to:
- associate young people with the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the Council of Europe
- share/exchange achievements and challenges regarding the implementation of the Human Rights Education Youth Programme at a local, regional, national and international level
- voice young people’s commitments to the core values of the Council of Europe and their expectations towards the organisation
- discuss strategies and approaches to human rights education in Europe through non-formal learning and youth work (including the definitions and key concepts in human rights education)
- explore ways and develop guidelines to promote and advance human rights education with young people as an integral part of the implementation of the Agenda 2020
- link the Human Rights Education Youth Programme with other regional and international initiatives for human rights education
- present and reflect on the draft charter on human rights education and democratic citizenship as well as its role in supporting the recognition of human rights education in the member states
- consolidate and connect national and European networks for human rights education
- support the development of human rights education in Hungary
Working languages: The forum will be held in English, French and Russian with simultaneous interpretation. Hungarian may be used for selected programme elements and some formal sessions.
Travel expenses: Travel expenses and visa fees are reimbursed (on presentation of the relevant receipts) according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only those participants who attend the entire forum can be reimbursed.
Accommodation: Board and lodging for the training seminar will be provided and paid for by the Council of Europe at the European Youth Centre Budapest.
Enrolment fee: An enrolment fee of 40 Euros is payable by each participant. This amount will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed for travel expenses or paid at the EYCB during the forum.
Contact: European Youth Centre Budapest, Zivatar utca 1-3, H-1024 BUDAPEST, Hungary, Fax: + 36 1 212 40 76, Tel: + 36 1 438 1030, e-mail.
Thank you, Zsuzsanna Molnar, Council of Europe Directorate of Youth and Sport, European Youth Centre, Budapest, Hungary.