(ask here for the Newsletter)
1). Web survey: HREA wants to improve the services that we offer. By answering our survey questions, you will help us understand how our website can best support your efforts. Take our Survey (in less than 3 minutes) on HREA’s Web survey.
2). CALENDAR: The Calendar lists human rights trainings, workshops, courses and degree programmes worldwide offered by non-governmental organisations, academic institutions and various international organisations. Upcoming trainings and workshops (to chose online):
- - organised by month: Select a month (courses from May 2009 to April 2010);
- - organised by theme*:
* Select a theme: (Advocacy, African human rights system, Business, Children’s rights, Citizenship education, Conflict resolution/transformation, Economic, social and cultural rights, Election observation, European human rights system, Gender Health, Human rights litigation, Human rights monitoring, Human security, Humanitarian law, Humanitarian relief, Inter-American human rights system, International development, International labour standards, Juvenile justice, Minority rights, Organisational management, Peace education, Peacekeeping/peacebuilding, Refugee(s), Teacher training, UN human rights system, Women’s human rights).
3). LINKS: The Human Rights Links section of the Resource Centre has been revised and expanded. It is now possible to navigate the links by both county, region and topic.
The following links to organisations and resources relating to the following human rights issues/themes were added recently:
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Human rights-based approach (HRBA) to programming;
- International humanitarian law;
- Right to education.
- The Electronic Resource Centre for Human Rights Education is maintained by HREA.
- To subscribe to different language versions (ERC-L is also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) please click here:
- Archives of previous newsletters can be found here.
- We encourage you to distribute and repost this newsletter. However, we would like to request that you acknowledge the source.