19 November 2009
Added on April 17, 2009:
Second mail received a day later for the same subject:
(excerpt): … 4 ways to participate:
- 1. World Day for Prevention of Child Abuse – 19 November
Created in 2000, the World Day has as its objective to be a focal point and a rallying call for creating a culture of prevention of abuse and violence. Every 19 November, the international coalition commits to support and commemorate the Day by organizing local and national activities and events.
- 2. WWSF International Prize for Prevention of Child Abuse
Created in 2003, the Prize awards annually four WWSF coalition member organizations that carry out innovative prevention activities (21 prizes awarded so far – US$ 5000 per year).
- 3. Prevention Education Week: 13-19 November
Launched in 2008, the Week has as its objective to increase prevention education by using the WWSF Guide for NGO and citizen action as a tool.
- 4. YouthEngage-international.ch: A pledge to prevent child abuse and violence
Launched in 2009, the YouthEngage campaign aims to involve young people never to commit, condone or remain silent about abuse and violence against children and to learn about the Convention on the Rights of the Child (20th anniversary in 2009). WWSF invites you to contact schools and educational settings to include this campaign in their annual programs.
We hope to count you among the 2009 coalition members and celebrate with you the power of partnership in creating a global culture for prioritizing prevention. Sincerely, Women’s World Summit Foundation, e-mail.
Received by mail (put on April 16, 2009):
From: WWSF children
… Launched in 2000, the World Day has as its main purpose to create a global culture of prevention of child abuse worldwide. We sincerely hope that you will join the 2009 coalition and that you will invite your members and partners to do the same.
- 1) download the Invitation to join,
- 2) find the 2009 Registration Form (2 pages) – to be returned by 1 June at World Day for Prevention of Child Abuse, 19 November © – Please tick all the corresponding boxes to be considered as a coalition member and describe your planned activities to qualify as an active member (Registration Form, p2, III).
We hope to count you among the 2009 coalition members and celebrate with you the power of partnership in creating a global culture for prioritizing prevention. Sincerely. Laurie Maitrejean, Co-ordinator Children’s Section, WWSF Women’s World Summit Foundation, 11, Avenue de la Paix, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland, +41 (0) 22 738.66.19, Fax +41 (0) 22 738.82.48, e-mail, Web.