(Washington DC, 25 May-12 June 2009)
Linked with Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law.
Received by mail:
From: Human Rights Academy
SPECIALIZED HUMAN RIGHTS PROGRAM, Washington DC, May 25 – June 12, 2009:
The 2009 Specialized Human Rights Program of the Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law is now accepting applications.
The 2009 program will offer 17 courses, in English and Spanish, taught by 33 leading experts in the field. Participants can earn ABA credit, a Diploma or a Certificate of Attendance. The program brings together over 180+ participants, from more than 35 countries, with diverse backgrounds and levels of experience including law students, lawyers and human rights advocates.
Courses in English:
- Economic Social and Cultural Rights
- European Human Rights Law
- Election Observation and the Right to Political Participation
- International Humanitarian Law
- Internatioal Justice for Human Rights Violations
- Human Rights and Development
- Regional Approaches to Human Rights Law: America, Asia, and Africa
- Terrorism and Human Rights
- United Nations Human Rights System
- Women and International Human Rights Law
Courses in Spanish:
- Derecho Internacional Humanitario
- Implementacion de los Derechos Humanos en el Derecho Interno
- Litigio Y Activismo en Derechos Humanos
- Mujeres el Derecho Internacional de los Derechos Humanos
- Sistema Interamericano de Derechos Humanos
- Sistema Derechos Humanos de las Naciones Unidas
Send mail intended for the list to HR education.
Archives of the list and the Posting Policy can be found at this website.
You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this item, but please retain the original and listserv source.