named the Right Livelihood Award
Published on RTE news, 8 December 2008.
… The four 2008 Winners are:
1). Krishnammal and Sankaralingam Jagannathan (India),
- (see also on our blogs: Krishnammal Jagannaathan – India,
- Land to the tillers,
- Land for Tillers Freedom LAFTI,
2). Amy Goodman (US),
3). Asha Hagi (Somalia),
- (see also on our blogs: Elmi Asha Hagi Amin – Somalia,
- Save Somali Women and Children SSWC,
- Gender as a Tool in Building Peace,
- Somalia – profiles, facts and reports,
- Women defending Peace Conference,
- Women Peacemakers Program WWP,
4). Monika Hauser (Germany),
- (see also on our blogs: Monika Hauser – Germany,
- Medica mondiale,
- Self-immolation by oppressed Afghan women is rising.
All four women were also nominees for the 1000 women Nobel Peace Prize 2005.
The four woman split the two million Swedish Krona (€191,000) Alternative Nobel prize for their work in offering practical and exemplary answers to the most urgent challenges facing us today … (full text).