Let’s become 1 million strong for a Robin Hood Tax – Published on Robin Hood Petition.org/english/sign the petition.
Future News featuring Andrew Lincoln, Bill Nighy, Clémence Poésy, Heike Makatsch and Javier Cámara, 3.46 min: with decisions on a European Robin Hood Tax just weeks away, it’s never been more important to be one in a million. Sign our petition and spread the word that a small tax on the banks could make the world of difference to the poor and the planet. Revenue from a Robin Hood Tax could, for example:
- Fight poverty at home and across the world,
- Save lives in developing countries through funding essential health and education services,
- Fight youth unemployment by creating jobs,
- Help vulnerable communities adapt to the impacts of climate change.
- Robin at the Bankers’ Banquet, 2.30 min;
- Robin Hood Gatecrashes the Bankers’ Bash, 3.49 min;
- George Osborne as the Party Pooper, 0.23 min;
- The Banker, 3.24 min, … and 13 more videos in autoplay.
Find on farmlandgrab.org
- Ghana hopes G8 New Alliance will end long history of food insecurity, by Afua Hirsch in Accra, Feb 18, 2014;
- Tanzania: large-scale farming turns small farmers into mere labourers, by Claire Provost and Erick Kabendera, Feb 18, 2014;
- G8 New Alliance condemned as new wave of colonialism in Africa, by Claire Provost, Liz Ford and Mark Tran, Feb 18, 2014: small farmers are supposed to be the main beneficiaries of the New Alliance, but they have been shut out of the negotiations …;
World Future Council – Newsletter February 2014.