Published on Global Research.ca (first on Washington’s Blog, now disappeared), by Washington’s Blog, Dec 25, 2013.
Don’t Be Foolish, Albert Einstein said: A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of the truth. Indeed, scientists have shown that people will go to absurd lengths – and engage in mental gymnastics – in order to cling to their belief in what those in authority have said.
Part of the reason so many are so vulnerable to naive belief in authority is that we evolved in small tribes … and we assume that the super-elites are just like us.
In reality, there are millions of psychopaths in the world … and they are largely running D.C. and on Wall Street.
These people have no hesitation in lying to promote their goals … //
… (full long text).
- Pope’s liberal views on capitalism freaking out conservative Catholics in Congress, on RAW story, by Travis Gettys, Dec 26, 2013: Catholic Republican lawmakers are rattled by Pope Francis, whose recent comments have shaken up assumptions about their church and its relationship to their political party …;
- LGBT (-people) on en.wikipedia: LGTP is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. In use since the 1990s, the term is an adaptation of the initialism LGB, which itself started replacing the term gay when in reference to the community beginning in the mid-to-late 1980s, as many felt the term gay community did not accurately represent all those to whom it referred. …;
- Snoopgate: BJP attacks government for setting up inquiry commission!, on The Asian Age, Dec 26, 2013;
- New revelations in India snoopgate emerge, on Al Jazeera english, Dec 25, 2013:
- All you need to know about Snoopgate, on Business Standard, by Shantanu Bhattacharji, New Delhi, Nov 27, 2013: Emerging revelations on snoopgate put the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) on backfoot;
on nourishing the planet:
- Innovation of the Week: Community Animal Health Workers, by Brandon Pierce, December 22, 2013 (incl. links to similar posts);
- Putting a Dollar Value on Food Waste Estimates, on nourishing the planet, by Carol Dreibelbis, December 20, 2013:Research from the USDA finds that Americans waste an average of US$544 worth of food per person per year …: White House Report (48 pdf-pages) highlights Importance of Reauthorizing Farm Bill, on nourishing the planet, by Sophie Wenzlau, November 29, 2013;
- United States farm bill on en.wikipedia … is the primary agricultural and food policy tool of the federal government (This article is about all United States farm bills. For the currently proposed 2013 Senate farm bill, see Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013 [S. 954; 113th Congress]);
- News about farm bill on Google News-search;
- Does New Keynesian macroeconomics suffer from schizophrenia? on Real-World Economics Review Blog, by Lars Syll, Dec 23, 2013;
- Re – Globalization of Poverty and the New World Order, Book by Michel Chossudovsky, publishing year 2003, 376 pages, Special Price $18.00, ISBN Number: 9780973714708 … THIS TITLE IS TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK. APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE,
download a pdf-format … for $9.50 … also available other formats.