Operation Condor on en.wikipedia;
Operation Condor Trial tackles coordinated Campaign by Latin American Dictators, 22.12 min, uploaded by democracynow, March 7, 2013: Argentina is set to reveal new details about how Latin American countries coordinated with each other in the 1970s and ’80s to eliminate political dissidents. The campaign known as “Operation Condor” involved military dictatorships in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay. They worked together to track down, kidnap and kill people they labeled as terrorists: leftist activists, labor organizers, students, priests, journalists, guerilla fighters and their families.
The campaign was launched by the Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet, and evidence shows the CIA and former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger were complicit from its outset. We’re joined by John Dinges, author of “The Condor Years: How Pinochet and his Allies Brought Terrorism to Three Continents.” The book brings together interviews and declassified intelligence records to reconstruct the once-secret events … //
… see Democracy Now;
Inside Story Americas: Tracing the shadows of Operation Condor, 25.00 min, uploaded by AlJazeeraEnglish, March 6, 2013 – (also on The Real News Network TRNN): As Argentina opens a long-awaited trial over ‘Operation Condor’, why has no US official been held accountable? To discuss the role of the US in ‘Operation Condor’ presenter Why has the US not been taken to task for its role in the Latin American campaign of killing political opponents. Shihab Rattansi is joined by John Dinges, the author of The Condor Years: How Pinochet and his Allies Brought Terrorism to three Continents (on amazon, and on Google Books) and Carlos Osorio, the director of the Southern Cone Documentation project at the National Security Archive NSA;
on Global Research.ca:
- on March 12, 2013 on Humanitarian Texts Operation Condor, Latin America: The Thirty Years Dirty War, on Global Research.ca, by Pierre Abramovici, March 10, 2013 (first on Le Monde Diplomatique, May 2001);
- Operation Condor: Trial On Latin American Rendition And Assassination Program, by Carlos Osorio and Peter Kornbluh, March 10, 2013, (first on National Security Archive NSA);
- Operation Condor: Campaign by US-backed Latin American Dictators to Hunt Down, Torture and Murder Tens of Thousands of Opponents – Trail opens in Argentinia, by Bill Van Auken, March 7, 2013 (first on World Socialist Website WSWS);
on The Telegraph:
- Argentina’s former dictators on trial for Operation Condor, by Jonathan Gilbert, Buenos Aires, March 5, 2013;
- Former Argentine dictators found guilty of baby thefts, by Jonathan Gilbert, July 6, 2012;
- Former Argentine dictator Jorge Videl to face trial, May 3, 2010.